Food websites are a great way to get updated and refer to in regard to anything related food. There are many websites which focus on different aspects regarding food which includes the sourcing of food items, recipes, reviews, health benefits etc. Here is a list of the best food websites which manage to catch and retain the attention of food enthusiasts.
Many of the food websites are based on an individual I.e. one would want to follow a particular chef (a group of) or a particular food reviewer. They become the main reason why the food website is being followed. Few of the best food websites based on chefs or
- Great British chefs: This food website brings together few of the best British chefs. Recipes of the various food items prepared by them, interviews, advice etc are presented on the website.
- Ottolenghi: This site is based on the recipe of famous Israeli chef, restaurant owner, and recipe writer Yotam Ottolenghi. This food website provides access to the various creations of the chef, books as well as the option to source many of the ingredients that are used for making the food which is mostly a reflection of Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Food 52 Food52 attempts to bring out the contributions of a group of chefs. Apart from the various food recipes that it has to offer an important aspect that this site focuses on healthy eating and how good food would contribute towards good health. There are abundant articles which discuss on various ways of better cooking, interesting new recipes, health and nutritional benefits etc.
- Modernist Cuisine: This website provides you with information on latest experimentation on food. The cookbooks on modernist cuisine offer a new take to food and the various experiments that have gone into understand food and coming up with newer recipes. The website offers an option to buy those books or refer to the various recipes and updates from modernist cuisine.
Apart from these chef based professionally managed websites, there is a host of other food-based blog s which can be followed.
- Veggie Numnum: This food website is completely vegetarian based and attempts to bring the best of vegetarian recopies with an Asian and Mediterranean twist to it.
- A Girl called jack: This brings you recipes for great food which fit well into your budget. This food site is based on attempts of a single mother to create wholesome foods at an affordable cost.
The food is primarily vegetarianP
- Food sense: This informative and interactive food website brings in the best of Vegan food. The recipes bring fort a new and tasty perspective which would break the general perceptions that people at large have about Vegan food.
There are other food websites which one would want to check out for reasons beyond food recipes and food reviews. One such website is www.edibleschoolyard.org.Started in California and plans to grow across the nation, the Edible schoolyard attempts to develop a forum where the best of food across various schools can be shared and work on bringing in improvements to what children eat at schools.
Image Credit: Pexels